Asian Mineral Resources holds a 90% interest in the Ban Phuc Nickel Mine, which combines a high-grade mine and processing facility that produces a nickel-copper-cobalt concentrate.Ban Phuc commenced commercial production in mid-2013 and has been shipping concentrate consistently since that date. It is now producing in excess of 6,400 tonnes of nickel, 3,200 tonnes of copper and 200 tonnes of cobalt per year.
Excellent Infrastructure. Located approximately 160km west of Hanoi, access to site is via two fully sealed, national roads and the nearest major commercial centre is Son La City, the provincial capital, 40km beyond Hat Lot. Phone and Internet communications are excellent and the campsite is served by both land line and mobile phone coverage.
Geared for Growth. Ban Phuc has excellent growth potential via mine expansion, near-mine and regional exploration and downstream processing opportunities. As additional deposits are developed, new volumes can go directly to processing based on spare capacity at the plant
- High-grade ore body - Ban Phuc MSV average reserve grade of 2.2% Nickel, 1.0% Copper and 0.05% Cobalt.
- Low cost base – cost advantage based on low local labor costs and cheap hydroelectric grid power to site.
- Simple mining method with low operation riskand accelerated cash potential - long-hole, open-stopping mining method with capacity to produce 1,000 tonnes per day of ore. The ore body is accessed by adit on two separate levels and dual portals support multiple working faces, providing operating flexibility and potential to increase extraction rates for accelerated cash generation.
- Extension targets – ore-body is open at depth and along strike with satellite deposits well advanced
- Simple processing and high recoveries - Ban Phuc processing plant uses simple and traditional sulphide flotation techniques, which delivers 85% Nickel, 95% Copper and 70% Cobalt.
- Clean concentrate - favourable metallurgy and low ore impurities ensure concentrate is of high quality and in demand
- Excess capacity – nameplate capacity of 1,500 tonnes per day is well above the current 1,000 tonnes per day production rate, offering the ability to quickly expand production by up to 30% with low additional capex.