Asian Mineral Resources (TSX-V:ASN) owns and operates one of the World’s few new sources of nickel sulphide and is exploring for and developing additional high-grade nickel assets in Vietnam. The company is focused on increasing shareholder value through exploration and production. It has extensive experience in Vietnam and a proven ability to deliver.Highlights include:
- Established Ban Phuc as Vietnam’s first low-cost, high-grade nickel sulphide producer
- Developed a fully operational high-grade mine and high-capacity processing plant
- Ramped up annual production to ~ 10,000 tonnes of Ni equivalent in concentrate
- Cash generative operation
- Established management team with significant in-country operating experience
- Progressing growth opportunities: Ban Phuc expansion, exploration and downstream processing
- Strong government and community support
Overview: The Ban Phuc mine and processing centre has firmly established itself with nearly eighteen months of on-spec production. It boasts excellent operational economics, together with strong community support, and is located in the highly-prolific Song Da rift zone, where the company has a number of advanced-stage nickel exploration targets.
With this strong and consistentcash-generative operating platform in place, AMR is in a superb position to develop its regional assets. As the first mainstream nickel producer in Vietnam, the company not only has first-mover advantage but also full government support and tax incentives.
Multiple Growth Opportunities: AMR has a multi-tiered growth strategy that includes:
- Ban Phuc mine extension: A large disseminated resource containing a number of high-grade zones is located immediately adjacent to existing underground mine infrastructure.
- Regional expansion: Known MSV mineralization is located within 1km of plant site. Together with other advanced regional targets, this represents an excellent opportunity to develop Vietnam’s first nickel camp. In addition, there is strong potential to expandfurther through M&A.
- Creation of an integrated nickel company: The Vietnamese government has offered AMR strong incentives to develop a matte smelter, including greatly reduced export tariffs. AMR has completed engineering studies which indicate attractive economics, including low capital costs, as well as improved transport costs and offtake terms.